Sunday, September 27, 2009

Quilting adventures

I am going to make my mom a quilt for Christmas and I have all the fabric bought and I even drew up my own design which I really like. The only problem now is, I hate math and I'm not good at it. Joe can do math, so he is being really good at drawing it up on graph paper, but he is having trouble figuring out the dimensions. We started trying to find quilting programs that could help, but they are either expensive or the free ones really don't help. Grrrr...frustrating! I know, I should just find a pattern and go that route, but I just can't find one I like and I like making things one of a kind and unique. I like the idea of designing this from the ground up, but it is difficult! I'm sure we will figure it out, I am just stressed about it because I want to start putting it together because I am anxious to see it finished.

On another note, I have some iron on vinyl in the mail on it's way to me, so I can start Hannah's (my 5 yr. old niece) art smock for Christmas. Hannah LOVES arts, crafts and baking (just like me!) so she is an easy one to buy/make things for. I still need to figure out what I am making for Emma (my 4 yr. old niece) because she doesn't really have things she absolutely loves to do like Hannah, she is more like her mom. Whom surprisingly I figured out what to make her for Christmas right away. Well, I think that is all for today, hopefully I'll post more tomorrow, I'm getting a little better at this!

No comments:

Post a Comment