Monday, June 22, 2009

Radio Cake

This has got to be my favorite cake I have made so far. It turned out very cute (not what I visualized) even after some headaches (and tears).



I made it to look like an old fashioned radio for my fiance's grandfather. He used to be a radio personality so I thought it would be something neat for his 80th birthday. I even painted the number of the station he worked for (AM 580) so the radio could be tuned in to that station.

The cake is white sponge cake with dark chocolate frosting between the layers. I covered the cake in strawberry preserves and then marshmallow fondant. I painted on the wood grain with food coloring. All the decorations and hand cut letters are marshmallow fondant. It got a little sloppy in places...I need to work on being a bit neater to keep the cake board looking nicer. But all in all I am happy on how it turned out and so was everyone else.






No comments:

Post a Comment