Monday, February 22, 2010

Gum Paste Flowers

I know it has been awhile, again, and my last post was pretty brief. As you know, my grandma passed away, so we were in Wisconsin for the weekend. It was a sad and not so fun trip, but I got to see my family again, even if it was under those circumstances. Joe went with me for support because he is an amazing fiance and I love him more because of that. Now we are home, missing Grandma, but happy I went to say goodbye.

On a brighter note, I finally got to try out my Wilton gum paste flower kit I bought with a Christmas gift card. Yay! I have been wanting to try it, but the events I did not get to last week. SO that is what I did today and it was pretty fun and not very hard at all. Of course, I just did the easy flowers, the apple blossom and the daisies. I tried to do the wild rose, but it would not cooperate so I gave up on that one for now. Making flowers takes patience and can be messy, but really is not that hard. And they look pretty in the end. Since in nature no two flowers grow to be exactly alike, you don't have to be perfect and try to make all flowers look identical. Here are some pictures of my finished flowers.



No comments:

Post a Comment